100% remote position but must sit in the Glendale, CA areaCEI's client is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research arm of the company's business segment.The Technology Studio of our client is looking for talented Technology Infrastructure Support Sr. to create and deploy the next generation of infrastructure technologies that will support the creation of guest experiences in upcoming attractions and venues. This role requires work on a wide range of software and hardware for highly distributed performance computing and infrastructure services for local and remote studios/projects.Responsibilities
- Partner closely with the other Technology teams on in-house projects and adoption and resource collaboration where appropriate
- Be part of the team responsible for production hardware offering and support, ability to interface with users directly as well as management
- Provide cutting-edge technology to our global teams while meeting project objectives with minimal oversight
- Ensure healthy and smart growth for proper scalability. Ability to improve efficiency/template/standardize
- Understand global regional, technical needs
- Centralize and streamline workflows and technical operations through code
- 5-10+ years within entertainment technology or visual effects including experience with storage platforms, renderfarms and networking hardware, data lifecycle and management.
- Working within an Agile workflow or knowledge of it.
Knowledge in the following:Hardware Infrastructure (including software support):
- Strong fundamentals in networking protocols and troubleshooting.
- Strong familiarity in distributed computing environment concepts and renderfarms.
- Experience in supporting VFX/Creative applications from an infrastructure side. Renderfarm/software configuration, troubleshooting and installing software including: Maya, Nuke, After Effects, Houdini, Cinema 4D, Plugins.
- Knowledge of best practices around data security. Patching/manual remediation of OS and application/services.
- In depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Windows Desktop and Server, Linux, and how they relate to storage (CIFS/NFS, etc.)
- Knowledge of imaging and system management software including Chef, Bigfix and Ansible.
- Backup, archive, restore, snapshot workflows and data lifecycle procedures both on-prem and cloud. Ability to move data using tools like rsync. Close attention to detail.
- Experience with partnering with external vendors to maintain enterprise technology.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance. Self-starter.
- Ability to document procedures (Confluence).
- NAS experience (Netapp, Isilon, Qumulo)
- SAN/Block storage (Stornext)
- Ethernet (Arista, Mellanox)
- Fiber Channel (Brocade)
- LTO (Quantum)
- Installation, upgrades, diagnostics, parts replacement, moves
Databases:Mysql, Microsoft SQL from an application support level
- Aspera (Faspex, Shares, PTP, CLI, async)
- Jira, Service Desk, Confluence
- Software deployment and patching (Bigfix, Ansible, Chef)
- Active Directory: local and network based user and group accounts and permissions
- Linux, Windows, OSX/MacOS (including system configurations, registry, services)
- AWS Deadline (on prem and hybrid model)
- VFX/Creative/Pipeline applications and methodologies (i.e. Shotgun)
- ID: #31651384
- City: Glendale
- Salary: $70 - $75
- Job type: Contract
- Showed: 2022-01-15
- Deadline: 2022-03-15
- Category: Et cetera