Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400 inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars, restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass, which offers access to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Vimeo.A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and more!
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and Alpine
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores, including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Ensure customer is treated courteously and efficiently.
- Clean hotel rooms quickly, neatly, and efficiently. Change linen and towels as needed.
- Clean and sanitize sinks, showers and toilets
- Ensure that guest room corridors are clean.
- Maintain neat and clean cart, equipment, storage rooms, and supplies.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Respect all hotel equipment and property and use with care to avoid unnecessary damage.
- Document any deficiencies, including mechanical and electrical problems from the guest’s rooms and report to the housekeeping supervisor.
- Check drawers, microwaves, refrigerators and closets and disposes of contents properly.
- Label and submit all lost and found items to the housekeeping supervisor immediately.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company grooming standards
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Work well as part of a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and smell. Must be capable of walking or standing 100% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.Working Conditions: Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate. This employee will frequently be exposed to fumes, odors, dusts, ventilation Equipment Used in Job: Chemical cleaning agents, household cleaning products and equipment.
- Previous housekeeping experience
- High School or better