At DIRECTV, we're connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Innovation powers all that we do, and our groundbreaking solutions deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to millions of customers worldwide. As part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here's your opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career. Overall Purpose:
PAS responsibilities include:
- This career step requires expert level experience.
- Responsibilities are inclusive to Production Application Support (PAS) functions and/or Business Operations Assurance (BOA) functions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: BOA responsibilities include:
- Performing Application Monitoring and Response, Application Problem Management/Resolution, Application Change Management and Implementation, Scheduling, Tuning and Configuration of Application and Infrastructure Components, Project Implementation work associated with new applications or changes to existing applications, and Service Assurance Management, Status and Metrics.
Job Contribution: Expert level technical professional. Advisor on technical knowledge and DirecTV technologies. Education: Preferred Bachelors degree in Business, Information Systems, Engineering, Math, or Sciences; Developer nanodegree; or equivalent experience. Experience: Typically requires 8-10 years experience. Technical Career Pathway (TCP) role. Supervisory: No. Remote: Yes. Open to anywhere in the United States.Principal Functional Skills / Competencies associated with this Title:
- Works as a liaison and escalation point for clients and other IT organizations as a subject matter expert across the business and application towers for the business processes they represent; Management, ownership and/or leadership of Critical Business Services (CBS); Proactively utilize tools to analyze E2E Business Transaction Flows across Application Eco- Systems with Business Partners; Business flow Monitoring and Response; Issue Life Cycle Management/Resolution; Root cause analysis and resolution; Partner with COE and Business on Business Case justification; Service Assurance Management, Status and Metrics.
- Both PAS and BOA are responsible for the uptime and availability of supported applications as well as managing the deployment of application upgrades in the pre-production and/or test or production environment.
- Application support may include other associated software or hardware components required for the application to work.
- On call 24X7 in the event of an outage and must be knowledgeable about the specific applications they support.
- Work closely with COE and Development organizations for any defects, upgrades, or enhancements.
- Monitor application availability, or end to end application performance and metrics, via a standard tool set and take proactive actions as issues arise.
- Interface closely with 3rd party vendors as needed.
- Manage application availability issues, CBS ownership, application productivity, end to end business flowthrough, work user issues associated with customer ordering, provisioning, and service assurance, and help to coordinate integrated problem resolution.
- Solves non-routine problems by independently applying judgment to established analysis and standard approaches for CBS business issues and transaction flow thru issues.
- Provides administration of the tools necessary to support the CBSs: supports, tests and configures performance tools. Also support CBS Alarm/Transaction Flow Analysis/Correlation.
- Oversight of vendor/supplier functions. Identifies areas for improvement and develops action plans to improve CBS and application performance.
- Oversight of SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and provides input on long range planning.
- Business Partner liaison and reporting.
- Participate in the established ITO Problem Management process.
Note: Additional skills / competencies may be added to this specific requisition. During the application process, you will be asked to provide your proficiency and experience with all the skills / competencies associated with the requisition. COVID Statement -This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click here for additional information. Salary Range: Our Principal Application / Product Support can earn between $95,500 - $190,900 depending on experience and geographic location. Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Remote: This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote Ready to join our team? Apply today!RSRDTV Job Posting: Jun 28, 2022, 6:40:50 PMOther Locations: Colorado-Denver, California-Los AngelesSchedule: Full-timeJob Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager
- Application Maintenance
- Change Control
- Database Structures
- Emerging Technologies
- Hardware Infrastructure
- Incident and Event Management
- Information Security Management
- IT Availability Management
- IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Operating Systems and Environments
- Production Control
- Production Support
- Scripting Tools and Languages
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Software Problem Management
- System Performance Tools
- ID: #44466307
- City: Millbrae
- Job type: Permanent
- Showed: 2022-07-29
- Deadline: 2022-09-23
- Category: Et cetera