WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado,Alterra Mountain Companyis a community of 12 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone together.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the operations for catered events at Winter Park Resort with the Food and Beverage Sales Manager.
- Strives for a result- efficient, profitable, and professional food operation.
- Works with Sales Manager on the negotiation of contracts and makes sure that all guest expectations are met and exceeded.
- Once contracts are made the Catering foreman is the contact for the guest and is responsible for responding to all needs and keeps records of all changes.
- Every attempt to please the guest will be made.
- Ensures high guest satisfaction for all catered events.
- Coordinates an efficient flow of for all special events.
- Cooperates with the accounting department in billing, charging, collecting, and reporting all revenues within the catering department.
- Communicates with the culinary staff on a daily basis to ensure that everyone is aware of the guest’s specific desires.
- Updates Special Events book and calendar on a daily basis, making sure that upcoming events are properly scheduled.
- For all events the Catering foreman is responsible for finding staff and scheduling them accordingly.
- Coordinate and/or delegate responsibility for the completion of any preparation necessary to host an event. These responsibilities include:
- Preparing menus
- Ordering and preparing food and materials
- Consulting and working with other departments
- For all events the Catering foreman supervises all FOH staff and ensures that staff has job assignments and are prepared, professional, and efficient.
- For all events the Catering foreman works in conjunction with the Chef to ensure all BOH staff has job assignments, is prepared, professional and efficient and that the food is a quality product, served on time according to standard.
- Make sure any event is completed efficiently and equipment is properly cleaned and returned to its proper place.
- Ensure the profitability of special events by controlling labor and food costs.
- Answer inquiries from guests regarding any catered event questions.
- Maintain work area, keep catering closets clean and organized
- Selects and develops Banquet personnel and key staff in each of our outlets that will be able to complete a successful event in accordance with our goals and standards.
- Attends to other duties assigned
- Help maintain the daily operation of the Food Service Department.
- Be sure plenty of linen tablecloths and napkins are ordered and available for use.
- Consistently check for guest satisfaction.
- Inform management of any potential problems with guests or employees.
- Assist management in maintaining high employee morale.
- Maintain a friendly, congenial and helpful attitude.
- Report and fix any unsafe or unsanitary working conditions
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:Education:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One year supervisory experience preferred
- Minimum two years of food service experience in large volume catering and banquets preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality required
- TIPS certified
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License ad clean motor vehicle record required.
- Working knowledge of local liquor and health codes
- Good working knowledge of kitchen and bar industry required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
FOOD SERVICE ENVIRONMENT:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: non slip footwear and gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay range: $18.00
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equalemployment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.