WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:Who We Are:At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you! Who We Are Looking For:Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more.Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play Are you in? Perks & Benefits:There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
- Provide personal, responsive, and professional service to all guests in selling all aspects of guests’ reservations in the Winter Park area, year round, including lodging, ground transportation, rental equipment, lessons, lift tickets, trip insurance, and other products as they become available.
- Provide information, answer questions, manage changes to itineraries, handle complaints and assist each guest regarding activities, tickets, lift and trail access, and general information about the Winter Park/Fraser area with an eye to closing sales and upselling to the visiting vacationer.
- Maintain current knowledge of products, promotions, policies for Resort and community services/products.
- Participates in outbound sales campaigns. This to include focused outbound programs for products and services as well as follow up on quotes and upsell opportunities.
The Reservation Sales Agent will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Answer telephone in a timely fashion, answer questions, make reservations, and manage changes and cancellations to existing reservations in a friendly, professional manner.
- As assigned, respond to e-mail requests for new reservations and information.
- Determine client needs using active listening skills and needs determination questions – provide information and available options for client to make an informed decision regarding vacation planning.
- Research and source information for lodging, activities, and transportation based on client request and preferred location.
- Effectively use upselling and cross-selling techniques to enhance client experience.
- Accurately inform guest of reservation details such as lodging descriptions, rates, locations, deposit, cancellation policies, and travel insurance.
- Accurately and thoroughly input and record reservation data.
- Operation of several software programs; accuracy with keyboarding, clarity of communication with guests and subscribers.
- Participate in ongoing training on systems used in the Call Center and products/promotions.
- Maintain current and updated information on all WP Call Center and Resort policies, packages, and area activities.
- Outbound calling and e-mailing to convert quotes and upsell ancillary products.
- Maintain current knowledge of weather and snow conditions, Resort general information, Resort products & promotions, lodging packages, Resort & local events special events.
- Participate in specific outbound sales campaigns as assigned
- Engage in first phase of problem resolution regarding client complaints.
- Participate in property tours to fully understand and experience the variety of offerings available to our guests.
- Align with the Winter Park Resort Mission Statement and Core Values.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:Education:
High School diploma or GEDExperience:
- Minimum one season experience with mountain resort, travel industry systems and procedures and Winter Park Vacation products desired.
- Experience working in fast-paced environment desired
- Experience in Guest Services and basic sales techniques, including needs determination, closing sales and upsell.
- 18 years of age or older required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality required
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License desired
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.Office Environment:
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.WAGE:
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay range:$15.89 - $21.50
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.