Join our Wellpath family and make a difference every day by providing care to society's most vulnerable and often overlooked individuals. Our team has the distinct honor and responsibility to show up with non-judgmental compassion to provide hope and healing to those who need it most. For those of you whose calling it is to serve others, you've come to the right organization. This is your moment not only to advance your career, but to join a mission that aligns with yours. We are Wellpath. We are the right people, striving to do the right thing. We will continue to create healthier communities — wherever we go, wherever we grow — one patient at a time.OverviewThe mental health technician or mental health tech is an entry-level position that learns to provide direct care to a specific patient population under the direction and supervision of licensed nursing staff and their designees. This position provides standard and routine psychiatric and medical nursing assistance services as part of the overall plan of care and within the standards and policies and procedures of the facility.QualificationsEducation:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- One (1) year direct care experience in a mental health setting.
- None required.
- Learn to assist licensed nursing personnel in providing direct services to the assigned population including suicide watch observation; observations of behaviors and activities of daily living; assistance with activities of daily living including prompting, education and support; specific assignments such as face checks, monitoring, one to one's, groups and other direct care duties as assigned.
- Monitor patients placed on suicide watch.
- Take and record vital signs and documents information in medical record of patient.
- Possibly participate in specific treatment interventions such as coping skills, anger management, and other self-regulating behavior.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge regarding therapeutic communication and psychiatric recovery and rehabilitation skills.