Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities? Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life Pay and Benefits:
Why You Love This Job: Being a member of the IT Team, The Application Architecture role specializes in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of application / software architecture for the firm. Creates or improves new and existing application software and provides technical guidance / leadership to development teams to ensure application software is effectively and efficiently designed, produced, tested, meets business / client requirements, and that enterprise design standards are maintained. Your Responsibilities : Core Responsibilities
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements
Leadership Competencies for this level include
- Leads and enables collaboration across all specialties - e.g., Product, Application Development, Data, Infrastructure, Security, as well as other related disciplines to delivery best-in-class Application Architectures to DTCC business and clients.
- Develops and documents application architecture, including guidelines, architecture artifacts, designs, and other architecture-specific standards for the supported business areas.
- Provides thought leadership and direction, identifying elements such as Reference Architectures, Shared and Common Components, Shared Services & related Technologies in the creation of sound Application Architectures.
- Leads the design and documentation of application architectures and related technologies to enable repeatable, faster, and compliant delivery to our customers.
- Maintains understanding of existing DTCC portfolio of applications and associated technology solutions enabling the reuse of services and consolidation of services.
- Maintains understanding and promotes the application of architecture concepts and associated methods, frameworks, and industry best practices.
- Conducts presentations and education on Application Architecture concepts and principles.
- Participates in the architecture, design, specification, and implementation of business and technology projects ensuring all deliveries adhere to application architecture best practices, standards, and guidance.
- Reviews application plans and designs and collaboratively guides Application Delivery teams as needed.
- Promotes and enforces company and industry specific best practices, standards, and regulations, incorporating them in Application Architecture deliverables
- Process automation: recommends application architecture guidelines to enable process automation as applicable.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where standards do not exist, or where existing standards may need to change due to changing business requirements or changes in the business and technology environment providing leadership to ensure the incorporation and implementation of those changes in the application architectures in the supported business areas.
- Leads and/or collaborates with working groups of subject matter experts for definition and review of architectural standards and guidelines, where applicable.
- Shares DTCC's application architecture vision with key stakeholders via formal presentations and discussions, and other means, as needed.
- Contributes to the technology strategy, vision, requirements, and solutions for enterprise initiatives.
- Awareness of Security and Privacy Risks. .
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge currency through multiple means, e.g., educational workshops; professional publications; personal networks, professional societies, and industry groups.
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors, and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Applied Strategic Thinking: Leverages and effectively applies business and IT vision into specific Application Architecture deliverables.
- Passionate collaborating with multiple teams to ensure the delivery of best applications and solutions to solve business problems.
- Organizational Savvy: Good understanding of financial services, and preferably, DTCC's products and service offerings, as well as key stakeholders. Skilled forming and cultivating internal networks that will help navigate the environment and get things done.
- Leading Change: Embraces and adapts well to changing circumstances, identifies areas of needed change and employs many methods to drive related activities to deliver application architectures that enable organizational goals.
- Business Acumen: Good understanding of financial services, and preferably DTCC's products and service offerings, as well as key stakeholders. Understands business financials and is able to work with complex data and ambiguity, proposing and adopting practical, workable approaches.
- Coaching: Understands and anticipates people's needs, skills, and abilities, in the context of the supported Application Delivery teams, coaching, motivating and empowering teams to achieve success.
- Inclusive Leadership: Values individuals and embraces diversity by integrating differences and promoting diversity and inclusion across teams and functions.
- Minimum of 12 years' experience in software development and application architecture (5+ years of Architectural experience preferred)
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Strong leadership collaboration and coordination skills
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 7+ years of hands-on development experience in Java, C#, or similar language, as well as frameworks, such as Spring. Experience with multiple programming languages preferred.
- Experience working with mission-critical business solutions, including those that include modernization of mainframe and other legacy environments.
- Familiarity with Application and Enterprise Architecture frameworks, and advanced knowledge of software architecture, design, and development principles and practices.
- Previous experience as the lead application architect, designing, developing, and deploying high-transaction volume, business critical applications supporting large user bases.
- Experience with messaging, event-driven, and cloud-native application architectures, domain driven design and micro services architecture.
- In-depth understanding of all aspects of the Java platform and the Spring family of frameworks.
- Expertise working in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals.
- Passionate about building an innovative culture.
- Hands-on experience in application development.
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of software architecture, design, and development principles and practices.
- Cloud development experience preferred.
Who We Are: With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC's Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn , Twitter , YouTube and Facebook.
- Java (Core & EE, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Cloud)
- UI/UX (Angular or equivalent)
- SCM / DevOps / CI/CD tools & process (GIT/Bitbucket, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Sonar)
- Testing tools & frameworks (Jasmin/Karma, JUnit, Selenium, Cucumber, Mockito)
- Agile Methodology and Tools (e.g., JIRA, etc.)
- Experience with Microservices & Layered (SOA/MVC) Architecture
- Experience with Integration patterns and messaging technologies (Solace, Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with Caching solutions (REDIS, Gemfire, EHCache)
- Experience with Cloud deployments (Private Cloud / AWS / Azure)
- Experience with Cloud Platforms, Container/Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry)
- ID: #44466661
Tampa bay area
Tampa bay area
- City: Tampa bay area
- Job type: Permanent
- Showed: 2022-07-29
- Deadline: 2022-09-26
- Category: Et cetera