Create Your Career with Us With over 200 senior care communities, the Good Samaritan Society and Sanford Health have provided over 100 years of housing and services to seniors with a commitment to quality care and service in Christian environment. Our long-term care nursing team cares for over 13,000 residents across 24 states and promotes professional development, opportunities for growth, and fun.Facility: GSS MN St James Location: Saint James, MN Address: 1000 2nd St S, St James, MN 56081, USA Shift: 8 Hours - Night Shifts Job Schedule: Full time Weekly Hours: 32. 00 Salary Range: 22.50 as LPN, 29.25 as RN - $28 Department Details Come join our team in St James! We offer consistent scheduling, paid time off, yearly increases, and a team committed to compassionate care for our residents and to the success of our great staff. Sign On Bonus available + shift differentials for nights and weekends Job Summary: We are looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) who is ready to create a caring and joyful environment for his/her residents. LPN candidates that excel in a long-term setting tend to have a strong sense of purpose, proficiency in care delivery, effective communication skills, empathy, and an ability to maintain composure as well as support and comfort others in stressful situations. We value the knowledge and expertise LPNs can bring to our organization and encourage you to apply today. Responsibilities:
- Assists with formulating a plan of care for residents and updates when necessary
- Provides nursing care to residents according to physician orders and regulations
- Observes and documents observations and care given to residents
- Responds promptly to resident call lights
- Directs and assists with resident, family/significant other education
- Uses standard precautions by using personal protective equipment
- Graduate from an accredited practical nursing program as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Associate degree in practical nursing is preferred.
- Must have attended a pre-licensure nursing program that included supervised clinical experience across the life span as part of the curriculum or have had a minimum of 400 hours of experience as LPN at another facility. Specific services/positions may have additional education, training or experience requirements.
- Currently holds an unencumbered Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license with State Nursing board and/or possess multi-state licensure privileges. Obtains and subsequently maintains required department specific competencies and certifications. Completes required annual continuing education units (CEU) and competency training requirements of the department and facility.