Diesel Mechanic / Heavy Equipment
Salary + OT + Bonus + Shif Diff + Great Benefits
Up to 5K Signing Bonus
Total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.
Multiple Shifts1st Shift - 4 on / 3 off
2nd / 3rd shift openings as well
Performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs heavy trucks and associated equipment. Ideal candidates will have electronic diagnostic and hydraulics experience. Large well-lit garage, uniforms provided. Shift differentials.
Hourly rate from 21-30/hr depending on experience. Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- electronic diagnostics
Should have at least 2 years heavy truck maintenance experienceIDEAL CANDIDATEIdeal candidate will have a couple of years of heavy truck, heavy equipment, large military vehicles, or farming equipment experience and preferably electronic diagnostics and hydraulics experience.