Hiring a Lead Data Engineer/Architect! Our direct client is seeking a Lead Data Engineer/Architect!The Position: The Lead Data Engineer/Architect plays a leading role designing and running multiple data platforms across the enterprise. This is a ‘hands on’ role and is responsible for leading the transformation and execution of data solutions from disparate legacy systems to modern cloud-based solutions with a focus on enterprise data management. This position leverages cloud-based (Azure) infrastructure to implement technology solutions that are scalable, resilient, and efficient. This role collaborates with Technology Product Owners, Solution Architects, DBAs, and other cross-functional teams and business leaders. In addition, the Lead Data Engineer/Architect will plan, design, implement and operate data solutions, using an Agile methodology. Primary responsibilities in this role will include:
Top skills you need to have:
- Leads the development of future state data architecture designs, standards, guidelines, and principles.
- Works with Technology Product Owners to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect data solutions.
- Executes design sessions to gather requirements, review, approve, and communicate design artifacts with stakeholders.
- Utilizes Microsoft Azure technologies to solve business problems with a focus on enterprise data management.
- Designs and manages data models associated with Relational DBs and optionally NoSQL DBs (Azure Cosmos, MongoDB, etc.).
- Designs, implements, and maintains database solutions, manages data access, and resolves database performance, capacity, and security issues.
- Performs problem-solving of application issues and production errors, including high level critical production issues that require immediate attention.
- Develops Data Flow Diagrams (DFDs), Data Dictionaries, and database schemas with a focus on enterprise data management.
- Designs and codes SQL queries and maintenance of SSIS packages.
- Participates in an on-call support rotation and provide non-standard work hour support
- Participates in brainstorming and discussion sessions to help development teams better understand and utilize data technologies.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
About Golden Technology Golden Technology was founded in 1997 with the goal of developing people and driving innovation. In other words, our aim is to pair world-class technologists like you with amazing companies that are doing impactful work. After an initially slow start, and way too many late nights playing Final Fantasy 7, Golden Technology built a unique recruiting engine that would quickly prove itself to deliver top-tiered talent to fortune 500 clients across the US, time and time again. Golden Technology has built a culture around family and helping the people we touch succeed in both their work and personal lives. Oh, everyone says that? Try us, you’ll see it. We’re helping people find their calling and their dream jobs; and through our Golden Community initiatives we are actively working to improve the communities in which we work, live, and play.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related IT discipline or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience developing Data Flow Diagrams, Data Models, and Data Architectures both on-prem and in the cloud, with at least 3-5 years utilizing Microsoft Azure.
- 5-7 years of experience designing and supporting Azure hosted data services.
- Successful completion of the Microsoft Azure Data Engineer Associate Certification. Additional Azure Certifications and/or Exams are preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a multi-business unit organization.
- Financial services industry experience is a plus.
- Experience with API code integrations with external vendors to push/pull data.
- Experience with SQL Server and Microservices.
- Experience with Azure Cloud Technologies including a track record of learning new technologies and architecting them to solve business problems.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning within the enterprise architecture field
- ID: #49049634
- City: Bridgeton
- Salary: Depends on Experience
- Job type: Contract
- Showed: 2023-02-06
- Deadline: 2023-03-13
- Category: Et cetera