Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400 inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars, restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass, which offers access to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Vimeo.A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and more!
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Olympic Valley and Alpine Meadows
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores, including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Acts as the role model for all grooming and uniform standards.
- Punctual, timely and takes and manages breaks for self and staff.
- Provides customers with top quality customer service in a friendly and positive manner.
- Supervises and develops the culinary team at assigned venue.
- Supervisory responsibilities include but not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; weekly scheduling of staff, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversees menu production and execution, proper prep levels, plating and portioning.
- Manages inventory, stocking, and prepping of all food items.
- Proactively plans the sequence and timing of cooking operations to meet meal-serving hours. Delegates specific tasks to cooks and follows up.
- Maintain clean and orderly food and beverage facilities at all times. Assure compliance with all health and sanitation regulations.
- Plan and execute events for internal and external guests.
- Train kitchen personnel in food production principles and practices.
- Assist in ordering, receiving and storage of all items from all purveyors.
- Attend all safety meetings.
- Assist kitchen and bus staff as needed.
- Neat and clean appearance in compliance with the Palisades Tahoe grooming policies.
- Able to communicate effectively with kitchen personnel, understand simple verbal instruction and perform them.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Have safety awareness at all times.
- Work well with others under any conditions.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ablility to multi-task.
- Required to lift 50 lbs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, smell and taste. Must be capable of walking or standing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have or be able to obtain current CA Food Handler’s Manager Card.
- 2 year(s): Previous sous chef experience.
- High School or better
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks