Primary Care Physician - Health Center:
REPORTS TO: Medical Director Health Center/Practice Manager
DIRECT HIRE & PERMANENT
The Primary Care Physician is responsible for providing care in a Health Center. They are responsible for clinical decision-making as it relates to care, treatment and follow up care provisions, teaches disease prevention and health wellness. They are responsible for participating and supporting Quality Improvement activities for the institution and the clinic area.CLINICAL PRACTICE - Competency: Provides evaluation and treatment to a Health Center's patients following evidence-based guidelines
- Provides direct patient care on an on-going basis within their scope of practice.
- Assesses patients
- Performs history & physical
- Determines from clinical assessment a diagnosis and coordinates care with specialists when needed.
- Works with other care practitioners to ensure appropriate education and discharge planning are provided.
- Initiates immediate patient intervention when an emergency medical condition is determined. Makes arrangements for the patient to be transferred to the Emergency Department. (May or may not accompany the patient)
- Teaches disease prevention and health wellness.
- Adheres to policies and procedures for documenting care provided in the setting.
- Ensures that documentation is concise and appropriate.
- Collaborates with the Administrator / Physician Supervisor in developing and revising patient care standards, protocols, policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited AMA/AACOM approved medical school.
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in a Medical Specialty and/or verified designated training in Family Medicine or IM/Peds
- Current New York State License, Current BLS and ACLS
- Credentialing approval for delineation of privileges from the Medical Staff and Board of Trustees.