The Hotel is now seeking an Assistant Banquets Manager to join our F&B Team.This is a full time Management position, requiring the successful candidate to be flexible and work varying AM /PM shifts and varying days each week. Previous experience in a full-service hotel environment preferred, but not required.
Responsibilities: Assist Banquet Manager in the execution of all banquet functions, supervision of staff and enforcement of policies, procedures and standards of the department.
· Reports to work dressed in proper business attire.
· Assist in interviewing, training and evaluation of staff.
· Supervise and assist banquet staff during functions to ensure guest satisfaction and that client specifications are met.
· Present checks to guests when applicable and ensure payment upon completion of all functions.
· Notify banquet manager of guest complaints, concerns or suggestions as they pertain to banquet operations and service.
· Assist in the maintenance of all banquet facilities and meeting rooms.
· Ensure proper storage and security of all banquet equipment.
· Ensure proper liquor control throughout the department by requisitions, receiving, storing and distribution.
· Monitor proper room set-up and ensure that function is ready on time.
· Act as Banquet Manager in his/her absence.
· Attend and participate in various meetings when applicable.
· Prepare required reports as directed by supervisors.
· Adhere to all fire, safety and security procedures according to local government and hotel policies.
· Comply with all policies and standard operating procedures of the hotel and management company.
· Maintain up to date personnel files.
· Do monthly inventories and place orders as needed to maintain established levels or as per special requirements.
· Do department schedules ensuring that staff needs are met. Order temporary staff as needed.
· Issue uniforms as per department policies and keep proper documentation up to date.
· Perform other duties as assigned by department management.
This Job Description is an overview of daily responsibilities you are required to perform. Management has the right to add or delete responsibilities as they occur.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
Physical Demands: Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent bending,
lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 35 pounds. Requires walking and/or standing for long
periods of time.
Math Skills: Apply fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion.
Language Skills: Must have developed English language skills to the
point to be able to communicate effectively (both written and orally) with
other employees, guests or vendors as needed. Must be able to read and comprehend written information.
Specific Vocational Preparation: An occupationally significant combination of: vocational education,
apprentice training, in-plant training, on the job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs which lead to the higher job or serving in other jobs.
To do this job you must have the following licenses or certifications before being hired: N/A
To do this job you must have the following amount of total education and/or experience: Minimum of 1 year Banquet Captain experience required. Hotel management background preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
NOTE: This hotel operates seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day and that holidays such as
Christmas, New Years, Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving, Fourth of July or any other holidays are normal working days. Business levels will determine the amount of hours you work. Understand that you may be asked to work in other departments in a related position as required. Management retains the discretion to add and/or change the duties of this position at any time.
Please click the link below to apply:https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=24bd5ca2-2614-444a-bdd2-d9cf0091e963&ccId=198939244514794&jobId=452559&source=CC2&lang=enUS