LOOKING TO JOIN A HIGH FLYING START-UP IN AN R&D ROLE?
We are recruiting multiple software engineers that want to be involved with a hot (well funded) Start-Up in the Data Storage / File Management areas.
This is a well-funded start-up and we need a full range of skilled developers.
As a key member of the team, you will:
- Design and develop distributed file system components to support data management features such as snapshots, replication, tiering, and advanced data reduction algorithms.
- Participate in the design, architecture, and implementation of the next-generation storage architecture.
- Assist in technically managing initial storage implementations including proofs-of-concept.
- Diagnose bottlenecks and implement clean and performant solutions to achieve unbeatable performance.
- Design algorithms and data structures to make sure customer data is safe and coherent across our solution in a wide variety of failure modes.
- Constantly revisit the architecture, algorithms, and methodologies to improve productivity, reliability, and maintainability.
- Master of low-level and performant programming in C or C.
- Thorough understanding of concurrency, inter-process communication, threading models, and synchronization concepts, including significant experience with complex multithreaded software design.
- Experience with lockless synchronization techniques.
- Hands-on experience with Linux development and debugging, having acquired broad knowledge and understanding of Linux internals.
- Experience identifying, reproducing, and resolving complex software defects, including root cause isolation, tracing through large source code bases, and implementing long-term fixes as well as short-term workarounds.
- Strong team spirit and highly skilled in coordination and communication.
- Highly motivated, independent, positive, creative, open-minded, and fun to work with.