The Culinary and Nutritional Service Associate provides assistance in all culinary functions in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations to ensure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the culinary services are maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
Flexible FT & PT Schedules Available!RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs day-to-day culinary functions to serve meals and snacks that are palatable and appetizing in appearance that provides residents with an exceptional dining experience.
- Assists in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis, delivers food carts, trays, etc. to designated areas, and works in serveries.
- Serves food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Ensures that culinary services work areas and equipment are maintained in a clean, sanitary, and safe manner. Assists in daily or scheduled cleaning duties as needed and directed by supervisor (i.e. cleaning work stations, counters, refrigerators/freezers, etc., sweeping and mopping floors, washing dishes and returning clean items to proper storage areas, removing garbage, keeping work areas clean, dry, and free of hazardous equipment and supplies, etc.).
- Assists in executing special events and participating in their planning and preparation.
- Distributes, collects, and counts menus as necessary.
Quality and Compliance Management
- Ensures that established quality assurance, infection control, and universal precaution practices are maintained when performing departmental procedures.
- Maintains the confidentiality of resident care information.
- Willingly and consistently shares observations and insights of departmental operations that may improve quality and efficiencies of department.
- Attends all-employee and departmental meetings and in-service training as scheduled or as directed.
Customer Relations and Service Delivery
- Listens and responds to the needs of residents and staff members.
- Helps residents and visitors feel welcome and comfortable.
Administration and Reporting
- Maintains current and accurate records through use of computers and/or other documentation in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
All other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Food service experience a plus, but not required. On-the-job training provided.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Ohio Living Sarah Moore is Delaware’s premier life plan community. Services include long-term nursing care, short-term rehabilitation, and assisted living. Most importantly, we’re a company that:
- chooses to operate as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization
- makes its mission the heart of our organization
- has a reputation for consistently exceeding the needs and expectations of those we serve
- provides an engaging, team-oriented workplace dedicated to career, family and faith
- commits to recognizing our employees for a job well done
We’re looking for people who:
- have a passion for helping people, solving problems and contributing to a positive work environment
- are excited about bringing their personal standards and ideals to work each day
- understand that HOW you do your job is just as important as WHAT you do in your job
Why work at Ohio Living Sarah Moore?
Depending on an employee’s status, they may benefit from:
- competitive wages
- affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement savings
- paid time off
- training, continuing education, and education assistance
- pay advances up to $500
- free meals/meal allowance
- the latest technology
- unlimited career opportunities
- and much more!
Who is Ohio Living?
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio Living is one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit, multi-site senior living organizations. Since its founding in 1922, Ohio Living has defined the highest standards of quality of life for adults through its 12 life plan communities and Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice in 50 Ohio counties.
Our mission is to provide adults with caring and quality services toward the enhancement of
physical, mental and spiritual well-being consistent with the Christian Gospel.
Our Values:Care Integrity Customer ServiceInnovation Financial Stewardship Leadership