$500 Sign-On Bonus for Full Time hires!
The Resident Assistant provides residents and patients with routine personal care, recreational programming, housekeeping, and meal service in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations and as directed by the Charge Nurse.
Care and Customer Management
- Carries out daily plan of care including all aspects of basic daily living and personal care needs.
- Executes daily activities for residents as scheduled.
- Serves and assists residents with meals.
- Provides medication reminders to residents as permitted under Ohio law.
- Knows location of assigned residents within the community at all times.
- Listens and responds to the needs of residents and staff members.
- Monitors residents’ general medical condition and reports changes to Charge Nurses.
Administration and Reporting
- Maintains current and accurate records through use of computers and/or other documentation in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
- Informs Charge Nurse of supply and equipment needs.
- Willingly and consistently shares opinions and observations of departmental operations with Charge Nurse.
- Attends all-employee and departmental meetings and in-service training as scheduled or as directed.
- Completes routine light housekeeping and laundry tasks for the unit, such as emptying wastebaskets, cleaning tables after meals, etc. and reports any hazardous conditions to the Charge Nurse.
- Follows established infection control and standard precaution policies, fire and safety policies, and practices good body mechanics.
All other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in a long-term care or other related healthcare setting preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Ohio Living Quaker Heights is Waynesville’s premier life plan community. Services include long-term nursing care, memory care, short-term rehabilitation, outpatient therapy and assisted living. Most importantly, we’re a company that:
- chooses to operate as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization
- makes its mission the heart of our organization
- has a reputation for consistently exceeding the needs and expectations of those we serve
- provides an engaging, team-oriented workplace dedicated to career, family and faith
- commits to recognizing our employees for a job well done
We’re looking for people who:
- have a passion for helping people, solving problems and contributing to a positive work environment
- are excited about bringing their personal standards and ideals to work each day
- understand that HOW you do your job is just as important as WHAT you do in your job
Why work at Ohio Living Quaker Heights?
Depending on an employee’s status, they may benefit from:
- competitive wages
- affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement savings
- paid time off
- training, continuing education, and education assistance
- the latest technology
- unlimited career opportunities
- and much more!
Who is Ohio Living?
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio Living is one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit, multi-site senior living organizations. Since its founding in 1922, Ohio Living has defined the highest standards of quality of life for adults through its 12 life plan communities and Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice in 50 Ohio counties.
Our mission is to provide adults with caring and quality services toward the enhancement of
physical, mental and spiritual well-being consistent with the Christian Gospel.
Our Values:Care Integrity Customer ServiceInnovation Financial Stewardship Leadership