Sign-On Bonuses Available!
$2,000 for Full-Time & Part-Time
The State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) provides residents and patients with the highest level of quality routine daily nursing care in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.RESPONSIBILITIES
Care Management and Service Delivery
- Provides daily resident and patient care in accordance with the nursing procedures and as instructed by the Charge Nurse.
- Ensures that the Plan of Care is maintained for the resident or patient.
- Provides for assigned resident and patient Activities of Daily Living (ADL) including personal hygiene, elimination, comfort and safety, ambulation, lifting, skin care, nutrition, and hydration.
- Assists with the care of the dying resident and provides post-mortem care.
- Observes and reports the presence of pressure areas and skin breakdown.
- Assists with the application of nursing treatments as required.
- Provides daily rehabilitative/restorative procedures as required.
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth and personal interest, as well as a calm environment throughout the unit.
- Answers resident calls promptly.
- Checks rooms for all medications and unauthorized food items, reporting findings to the Charge Nurse.
- Maintains resident and patient rooms, work areas/equipment in a clean, sanitary and safe manner and follows established infection control/standard precautions, reporting all hazardous conditions to the Charge Nurse immediately.
- Attends care conferences as directed by Charge Nurse.
- Attends all-employee and departmental meetings and in-service training as scheduled or as directed.
- Willingly and consistently shares observations and insights of departmental operations that may improve quality and efficiencies of department.
Administration and Reporting
- Measures and records all entries, such as ADL coding, intake/output, temperatures, weight, etc. in the electronic medical record (EMR) or as directed by the Charge Nurse.
- Reports all changes in resident’s or patient’s condition to the Charge Nurse as soon as practical.
- Reports all concerns and complaints voiced or shared by residents, patients, or family members.
All other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) in good standing on the Ohio Department of Health Nurse Aide Registry required.
- None required; on-the-job training provided.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Ohio Living Quaker Heights is Waynesville’s premier life plan community. Services include long-term nursing care, memory care, short-term rehabilitation, outpatient therapy and assisted living. Most importantly, we’re a company that:
- chooses to operate as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization
- makes its mission the heart of our organization
- has a reputation for consistently exceeding the needs and expectations of those we serve
- provides an engaging, team-oriented workplace dedicated to career, family and faith
- commits to recognizing our employees for a job well done
We’re looking for people who:
- have a passion for helping people, solving problems and contributing to a positive work environment
- are excited about bringing their personal standards and ideals to work each day
- understand that HOW you do your job is just as important as WHAT you do in your job
Why work at Ohio Living Quaker Heights?
Depending on an employee’s status, they may benefit from:
- competitive wages
- affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement savings
- paid time off
- training, continuing education, and education assistance
- the latest technology
- unlimited career opportunities
- and much more!
Who is Ohio Living?
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio Living is one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit, multi-site senior living organizations. Since its founding in 1922, Ohio Living has defined the highest standards of quality of life for adults through its 12 life plan communities and Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice in 50 Ohio counties.
Our mission is to provide adults with caring and quality services toward the enhancement of
physical, mental and spiritual well-being consistent with the Christian Gospel.
Our Values:Care Integrity Customer ServiceInnovation Financial Stewardship Leadership