Work with Great People - Part Time Van Drivers for Students
Want to work at an amazing place with great people where you feel valued and a daily sense of accomplishment?
Going to school? Looking for part time work? Looking for a little spending money without the hassle of a full time job?
Want nights and Weekends Off, 2-weeks off every holiday season, Spring Break and Summers off every year (or work during the summer if you want)?
Springfield Public Schools seeks outstanding people to become Van Drivers for the Pupil Transportation Department.
Excellent income potential from $16.55 to $21.78/hr with excellent benefits. (Wages determined by Education & Experience)
A Minimum of 20 hours per week plus excellent benefits with the ability to work more hours.
The primary function of the position is in support of our District vision by safely transporting students to and from school.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Valid Oregon Drivers license with a clean driving record (no incidents within the past 3-years)
- Ability to drive vans and cars
- Knowledge of immediate geographic area
- Ability to work a split shift
- A strong desire to make a positive impact with students.
- Ability to work with students in a supervisory, supportive and positive capacity
- Ability to understand and execute verbal and written instructions, policies and procedures
- Strong, but appropriate, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and commitment to practice cultural competency and demonstrate respect for diversity.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with students, staff and parents using tact, courtesy.
- Good judgment, often in difficult and stressful situations
- Must enjoy children of all ages
Bilingual/Bi-Cultural individuals encouraged to apply
Once Paid training is complete the new employee will possess the following;
1. Oregon Department of Education (ODE) Pupil Transportation Certificate
2. Valid First Aid/CPR Card
Apply online at: https://sps.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=5715
For further information you may call 541-744-6373.