Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you're interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay - a company you can be proud to be with.As an MTS2 on eBay's Native Search team, you'll join an organization of nearly 300 engineers, data scientists, product managers, and technical leaders to help us craft the next generation of Search at eBay. Our mission statement is clear: to unite buyers and sellers with as little effort "Searching" as possible. Our team is small, but mighty: you'd be joining an iOS team of about a dozen engineers, each of which has a well-defined career plan, bi-weekly 1:1s, a fantastic work/life balance, and a leadership team that is open, transparent, and supportive. Simply put, this is a rare opportunity for a skilled engineer to join a team that is accelerating eBay. Our expectations are as follows:
Job FunctionsYou will be a member of one of our Search native app development team, helping to continuously modernize our platform, strive for technical and operational excellence, and to re-imagine and design the future of Search at eBay.
- 7+ years of experience (+Bachelors) or 4+ years of experience (+Masters) in designing, building, refactoring and releasing large scale native apps in a distributed global environment. A degree is preferable, but not mandatory. Experience is a fantastic substitute.
- Experience in Scrum methodologies and working in Agile teams is desirable. An MTS2 often leads a small Agile team, but several MTS2s may be on the same team, collaborating on tougher problems.
- Able to own a feature of a Native iOS application and develop it fully, from ideation to post-release support
- Proven experience with Swift, experience with C and Objective C desired
- Experience with TDD, pair programming, code reviews, and other techniques to maintain high-quality code and resiliency. As an MTS2, sometimes you're suggesting the ideas, driving these decisions.
- Experience working on complex systems with an extraordinarily large customer base, and familiarity with DevOps
- Quality-first mindset with an emphasis on designing features with testability as a pre-requisite
- Help us design and build the next generation of Search at eBay, specifically moving us towards orchestration
- Mentor other engineers while raising the bar on the team's technical excellence.
- We follow agile practices and focus on continual improvement in our practices, driven from the ground up. We expect you to advocate for improvements in our code and our process, and to support your teammates along the way.
- Collaborate closely with team members and other teams, dividing up well-defined tasks in a structured, self-organizing culture.
- Partner and collaborate with other organizations throughout eBay.
- As part of the team, you'll also share your knowledge with the wider team as well as learning about and contributing to our core mobile experience.
- ID: #44467005
- City: Portland
- Job type: Permanent
- Showed: 2022-07-29
- Deadline: 2022-09-26
- Category: Et cetera