Packaging Sourcing Manager
Food Manufacturing, Portland, OR (Area)
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for establishing, driving, and executing strategy for primary packaging innovation, sourcing, custom packaging development, redesign, cost efficiency, sustainability, testing, productivity, and reorder quantity qualification.
- Identifies packaging product vendors to interview and determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Regularly tracks, monitors, and evaluates contract compliance and vendor performance.
- Forecasts, places floor stock orders and monitors floor stock inventory with some of the contracted vendors.
- Coordinates plant and vendor purchasing activities on contracted items.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts to evaluate conformance to company policy.
- Resolves vendor or contractor grievances.
- Maintains costing tracker including all updates.
- Reviews cost changes for quote file.
- Works with plant purchasing and operations teams in solving contracted packaging issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or Bachelor of Science (B.S) degree in packaging preferred.
- Requires 5-years packaging purchasing experience in the food industry, $50 million annual spend in packaging.
- Experience with packaging technologies (e.g. molding, flexibles, cartons, print & decoration, assembly), project management and packaging development approaches. Required.
- Strong knowledge of packaging components, materials, and processes used by the food industry along with the capability to continue to broaden industry knowledge and understand the interaction, limitations, and requirements of these components as well as knowledge and experience in processes of working with sustainable packaging technologies.
- Experience in implementation, troubleshooting, and continual improvement with development/approval of product specifications, change control, process filling/packaging validation, and contract manufacturing oversight.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Software Systems.
- Office Environment.
- Travel up to 10% of the time.
Must be willing to work on-site.
Relocation assistance for the right person.Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.