As a Senior Manager with our client you will be a healthcare change agent and “market maker.” At a fast growing, 60-person management consulting firm, this means you’ll manage multiple client engagements and help establish execute the strategic plan for the Firm. You’ll cultivate and build relationships at the highest level of a client organization to earn “trusted advisor” status. You’ll also get in the trenches when needed and stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our healthcare clients to their solve people, process and technology challenges.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing large internal or client-facing teams and have expert client and account management skills. They will also be an expert in a healthcare domain, preferably insurance.
- Plan and lead client engagements; Facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from senior-level client contacts; Define timing, manage resources and direct on-time, quality production of deliverables
- Summarize and deliver information to clients through highly polished documentation and presentations; Communicate status, issues and risks to senior executives
- Develop and maintain relationships with key client decision makers; Regularly convert business opportunities into sales by developing proposals and leading pursuit teams; Meet and exceed sales and managed revenue requirements
- Appropriately forecast and manage engagement risk, budget and resources with the Firm and client
- Serve as a healthcare industry thought leader and an expert in the Firm’s service offerings
- Mentor and coach junior team members, conduct performance reviews and support the Firm’s overall recruitment and retention efforts
- Serve as a member of the Firm’s Leadership Team; Represent the Firm positively by building and maintaining strong relationships with professionals at all levels
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; Master’s degree in healthcare or MBA preferred
- 10+ years’ professional experience in Health Plans, Life Sciences or Provider industry, or a mix of a few years’ industry experience combined with consulting at the manager-level and above
- PMP or Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred
- Consulting experience
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time, if necessary; Our Firm has national clients