Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Position is full-time, 12 month faculty position with responsibilities to provides research assistance and instructional support in the areas of business, entertainment and music business and data literacy to all members of the Belmont community, working collaboratively to do so. As part of the Teaching and Scholarship unit, the Business and Data Services Librarian plays an active role in the planning and decision-making process of the unit, participating in regular meetings, organizing special projects and programs, and showing initiative and creativity in the planning process. The Business and Data Services Librarian will help define and realize the critical components of data services at Belmont University. A key priority for the position is to develop sustainable data services and data management infrastructure and processes. This is a newly created position offering a leadership role in promoting and realizing the library’s role as a key partner for research data support and services and serve as the point person for the library with the Belmont Data Collaborative.
- Provides research assistance and instructional support in the areas of business, entertainment and music business, data literacy, and data management and visualization tools for students, faculty, and staff.
- Plays an active role in the planning and decision-making process of the Teaching and Scholarship unit, participating in regular meetings, organizing special projects and programs, and showing initiative and creativity in the planning process.
- Engage in collection development relevant to liaison areas, including curating data sets.
- Develop a service framework for working with researchers to manage their data throughout the research lifecycle.
- Maintain current knowledge of the trends and issues in higher education, scholarly communication and research practices.
- Engage in activities to support the mission and vision of Belmont University and the college in which you teach.
- Participate in departmental and university committee work.
- Engage in scholarly activity and professional development.
- Advise undeclared students in course selection and degree completion.
- Participate in a local church and the community.
- Abide by all relevant university and/or department procedures and policies.
The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
Required Qualifications: Belmont University seeks to attract and retain highly qualified faculty and staff that share the University's values and will contribute to its mission and vision to be a leader among teaching universities bringing together the best of liberal arts and professional education in a Christ-centered community of learning and service.
- Demonstrated understanding of current and emerging trends in business and entrepreneurship research and scholarship
- Familiarity with data services in an academic library setting.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies in academic libraries especially as they relate to research data management.
- Knowledge of current trends in academic libraries.
- Knowledge of information literacy theory, practice, and assessment
Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to remain current in a rapidly evolving field.
- Ability to produce reports and presentations using PC applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Strong technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and able to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in teams, working within the library and with interdisciplinary areas across the campus, and to contribute constructively to committee and team efforts.
- Ability to successfully interact with students, other educators and educational institution representatives, and the general public in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements:
- Knowledge of data services concepts, such as: development of research data plans, research data repositories, data curation, data publishing, data visualization, open data, and data literacy.
- Working knowledge of R, SAS, SPSS, STATA, MatLab or other statistical analysis software applications.
- Ability to design and develop online learning objects and instructional modules.
Required Education: ALA-accredited Masters degree ; second Masters desirable.Required Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in library services or related experience, preferred. Experience in an academic research environment working with faculty and students. Experience or course work with data services topics.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nashville, TN 37212: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Nashville, TN 37212
- Health insurance
- ID: #49500931
- State: Tennessee Nashville 37201 Nashville USA
- City: Nashville
- Salary: USD TBD TBD
- Job type: Full-time
- Showed: 2023-03-19
- Deadline: 2023-05-08
- Category: Art/media/design