Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, a top entertainment business management firm, is seeking a Music Royalty Analyst to join our team of dedicated professionals.
Location: This position can be based out of Century City (CA), Encino (CA), Wilmington (DE), Nashville (TN), White Plains (NY), NYC, or remote.
Overview of Role: The primary responsibility of this role is to assist the department in conducting compliance examinations on behalf of our entertainment clients and other rights holders.
- Assist managers with music royalty audits of record companies, music publishers, and merchandising companies, on behalf of clients that include many Multi-Platinum and Grammy-winning artists, writers, and producers
- Download and summarize royalty statements
- Review and summarize music industry contracts (recording, publishing, etc.)
- Combine and format large electronic datasets
- Maintain organization of electronic files and folders
- Analyze data to find underpayments of royalties and create claim schedules
- Assist with fieldwork (currently done remotely)
- Conduct Internet research
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, including Pivot Tables and formulas (such as VLOOKUP and SUMIF) – bonus points for experience with Power Pivot and Power Query
- A genuine interest in the music business and music royalties
- The candidate must also:
- Be a self-motivated and detail-oriented analytical thinker
- Possess excellent verbal/written communication skills and reading comprehension
- Understand basic mathematical and accounting principles
- Work well independently and in a team environment
- Be eager to learn new skills and concepts
- Want to help creative artists
- While not required, experience or education in the music business, particularly music royalties and music royalty audits are beneficial
Candidate information, including education and work experience, is verified upon an offer of employment. Falsification of application information may be grounds for denying employment.
Benefits & Pay We offer a diverse and employee-friendly environment with great work/life balance. Comprehensive benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness program, 401(k) with match, employee referral bonus program, a generous paid time off policy, and up to 12 paid holidays per year. Additional benefits are available to employees pursuing their CPA, including time off to study and sit for exams, employer-paid prep materials, and a CPA completion bonus.
This is a non-exempt, overtime eligible position. Employee compensation is determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to, employee education/training/credentials, employee work experience, work location (including if the employee will be remote, hybrid, or fully in-office), the scope and responsibilities of the role, internal peer equity, and market considerations. Applicants will be considered for the Analyst and Senior Analyst level. The expected base compensation hiring range for these positions is as follows:
- Analyst: $26.44 to $28.85 per hour
- Sr. Analyst: $32.69 to $35.58 per hour
Employees may also be eligible for GRF’s discretionary performance bonus and profit-sharing programs.
About Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman Founded in 1967, Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman ("GRF") is a leading full-service business management firm for an exclusive assortment of entertainers, executives and select high net worth individuals. Our 30 partners and over 600 staff members deliver comprehensive financial services in the fields of music, motion pictures, television, sports, literature, and other creative and performing arts. Our firm has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Nashville, San Rafael, Wilmington, and London.
Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ID: #49500933
- State: Tennessee Nashville 37201 Nashville USA
- City: Nashville
- Salary: $26.44 - $28.85 an hour - Full-time
- Showed: 2023-03-19
- Deadline: 2023-05-02
- Category: Art/media/design