Join our Wellpath family and make a difference every day by providing care to society's most vulnerable and often overlooked individuals. Our team has the distinct honor and responsibility to show up with non-judgmental compassion to provide hope and healing to those who need it most. For those of you whose calling it is to serve others, you've come to the right organization. This is your moment not only to advance your career, but to join a mission that aligns with yours. We are Wellpath. We are the right people, striving to do the right thing. We will continue to create healthier communities — wherever we go, wherever we grow — one patient at a time.OverviewOur Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. The registered nurse under the supervision of the Charge Nurse(s), directs and guides patient teaching and activities that commensurate with his/her education and demonstrated competencies.Additional DetailsShelby County Correctional Facility FT Evenings $8000 sign on BonusYou will receive a Retention/FOCUS Bonus (less withholding taxes) which will pay out in two intervals. You must be actively employed on the date the bonus is paid and at least maintain satisfactory performance (I.e., no active Performance Improvement Plan or Final Warning issued 90 days prior to bonus payout.) The bonus will be paid out as follows:$4000.00 the paycheck following 30 days employment from the official start date at [Shelby County].$4000.00 the paycheck following 9 months of employment from the start date.QualificationsEducation:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- One (1) or more years clinic experience preferred
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state in which you work, or a valid compact state nurse license
- Current CPR Certification
- Review nursing plans to ensure data collected, nursing diagnoses, and proposed nursing care plans are relative, and that they confirm with authorized policy and procedures.
- Review medical records to ensure nursing practice provided is within boundaries of State guidelines, and that all nursing recordings are in legible SOAP format to include the date, time, signature, and discipline.
- Ensure all referrals for consultation, treatment or resolution of problems are valid and applicable to the documented nursing plans.
- Monitor the nursing service, ensuring the provision of progressive patient care plans, employing the total team approach including patient teaching and self-care.
- Assist the Director of Nursing (DON) to ensure that the technical and clinical skills of the Registered Nurses RNs are current that they function within the scope of their licensure, and nursing actions are not delegated to another provider for which that person is not prepared or qualified