SUMMARY:Tucker-Rose Associates is seeking an Sr. Application Performance Monitoring Engineer (Monitoring SME) to help support a Federal Program within the US Department of Veterans Affairs. This position will allow remote delivery. The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees must comply with all federal COVID-19 related vaccination and testing requirements, including, but not limited to, those set out in Executive Order 14042 RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as an Application Performance Monitoring Engineer on our team as we help the customer overcome their most difficult challenges in performance monitoring.
- Gather customer application data and diagrams, leverage expertise in recommending baseline monitoring thresholds, recommend performance monitoring KPIs and SLAs, and provide monitoring tool infrastructure recommendations.
- Employ expertise in performance monitoring tool alerts, dashboards, and data trend analysis in a monitoring tool.
- Use your customer service expertise to help manage tasks and organize large amounts of data to use for instrumentation into an enterprise monitoring solution.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Provide on-the-job training to application POCs and event management. Develop and tweak documentation.
- Master’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required
- 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- 10+ years of experience with integration engineering
- 10+ years of experience supporting systems engineering efforts in system design and evaluation, solution engineering, software development, or system administration
- 3+ years of experience in at least 2 of the following tools: AppD, Dynatrace, Splunk ITSI, SolarWinds or ScienceLogic with installing agents, forwarders, APIs, performance monitoring tool alerts, dashboards, and data trend analysis in a monitoring tool
- 3+ years of experience with ServiceNow ITSM
- Experience with recommending baseline monitoring thresholds and performance monitoring KPIs and SLAs
- Experience with gathering and organizing large amounts of data to use for instrumentation into an Enterprise monitoring solution
- Experience with creating technical documentation.
- Ability to provide monitoring tool infrastructure recommendations
- Experience with the VA
- Experience with Splunk, SolarWinds or ScienceLogic a plus
- Experience with VA VistA
- Experience with the ServiceNow Visual Task Boards
- Experience in Agile and Scrum
- The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees must comply with all federal COVID-19 related vaccination and testing requirements, including, but not limited to, those set out in Executive Order 14042
- ID: #31650784
- City: Austin
- Salary: Up to $140,000
- Job type: Permanent
- Showed: 2022-01-15
- Deadline: 2022-03-04
- Category: Customer service