Our client, the world's leading search engine and technology company, is seeking a Technical Writer. This is a 12 month + contract position and a remote opportunity. Description:
- The Client Knowledge Management Team maintains the knowledge governance for the entire Techstop team.
- We improve our knowledge base by writing quality documentation to solve day to day issues and also be prepared for strategic changes.
- If you are an experienced technical writer from Computer industry (must have IT background), know what system administrators need to know to do their job, and then convert that knowledge into easy understandable language for end-users to comprehend, then this job is for you!
- You will work with the Client Knowledge Management team to take care of all content writing needs.
- You will write the content for all types of users - Technicians who have just joined the team and in need of intuitive content and at the same time translating it into customer-centric and customer-friendly language for end-users.
- You will work with technical folks, product teams, and program managers to document complex systems and procedures and create documentation to support the change.
- You will also draft email communications according to the right audience to market internal products, services or implement a new change.
- Writing Help articles for all types of users - Technicians who have just joined the team and in need of intuitive content and at the same time translating it into customer-centric and customer-friendly language for end-users.
- Drafting email communications according to the right audience to market internal products, services or implement a new change.
- Understanding user and tech journeys in detail and rewriting new/existing Help articles to fit the user/tech journeys.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, or communications - 100% fluency (reading, writing, speaking) in English.
- 4-5 years of Technical Writing in IT - The ability to take information from various written and verbal sources and translate that into well organized, easy to read prose and how-to instructions.
- 4-5 years of professional writing experience including experience writing and publishing public-facing content such as blog posts or help center articles.
- 3+ years of technical background - Understanding of technical concepts involved in Computer Operating Systems and Networking and writing it for technical and non-technical audience.
- 4-5 years of working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- 3+ years of experience in writing docs, slides, emails for different audiences including executives.
- Able to work as a W2 employee of Genesis10 (no Corp-to-Corp).
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply! About Genesis10: Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com. "Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V "
- Content strategy experience.
- Customer support experience.
- The right person for this role will have excellent written English skills and the ability to draft clear and concise articles.
- You should be comfortable with intricate technologies including troubleshooting operating systems and networking.
- You should enjoy simplifying difficult concepts and presenting them in straightforward, easy-to-understand prose.
- It's also important that you've worked on in-progress processes and know how to organize far-flung information by multiple authors and make it easy to navigate.
- ID: #44466296
- City: Austin
- Job type: Permanent
- Showed: 2022-07-29
- Deadline: 2022-09-26
- Category: Et cetera