Antea USA, Inc. (Antea®Group) is looking for ambitious, detail-oriented Mid-level Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist in the Greater Seattle, WA area.
This position will support our client with the management and implementation of their Environmental, Health and Safety programs. We desire an experienced candidate with demonstrated skillsets in areas such as: OHSMS Management Systems (ISO 45001), Written Program Development, Ergonomics, Training, and/or Industrial Hygiene, Process Safety Management, Fall Protection, and Industrial Hygiene. Candidates with industry experience in the following industries are desired: Technology Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Oil & Gas, Bio-tech, and/or Manufacturing. Candidates with an Associate/Certified Safety Professional (ASP/CSP) certifications are a strong plus. In addition, strong organizational skills, as well as exemplary written and verbal communication skills are a must.
The position is full-time located in Issaquah, WA with up to 10% travel anticipated.
Typical job assignments may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate activities to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations related to environmental, health and safety requirements.
- Develop and implement applicable EHS procedures.
- Develop EHS Training content and conduct training as needed (i.e. - New Employee Orientation, Lockout / Tagout).
- Be an EHS representative for site-related projects. This includes reviewing of Management of Change forms (MoC), conducting project safety reviews, evaluating new equipment, overseeing contractors and other tasks.
- Assist with incident management, including incident investigations and implementation of corrective actions.
- Work with EHS Team and site Managers to perform ergonomic assessments, industrial hygiene (IH) surveys, job hazard analyses (JHA), personal protective equipment (PPE) and other hazard assessments.
- Perform functions related to hazardous waste including collection of contaminated wastes, organizing material for segregation using applicable waste codes. Prepares material and manifests for hazardous waste shipments.
- Conduct safety and environmental audits and inspections.
- Coordinate and participate on site EHS committees and external agency audits (IEPA, OSHA, GRC, etc.).
- Collect, maintain, and analyze EHS and identify trends in EHS performance.
- Maintain site chemical inventory and SDS database.
- Maintain site and program level EHS records.
- Other administrative responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining KPIs, OSHA Logs and injury & illness records, ordering of materials, etc.
- Support Sustainability, Business Continuity, EHS Management System, Health Management and other product and facility-related environmental, health and safety initiatives.
- May be required to perform other EHS related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Engineering, Ergonomics, or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience working with Environmental, Health & Safety.
- Must have a deep understanding of OSHA regulations and their applicability. Further understanding of NFPA, DOT, EPA, and/or international health & safety regulations is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in industry or consulting to healthcare, manufacturing firms, pharmaceutical, oil & gas, or other general industry companies.
- ASP, CSP, CHMM certification or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing EHS management systems such as ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 is highly desired.
- Able to work independently with an attention to details
- Must have a strong desire to talk with, influence, lead a team, and directly interface with multiple clients and stakeholders. Additionally, must be able to take direction and coaching from both clients and team members.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Compliance with any client requirements, including but not limited to COVID-19 vaccine mandates
- Potential employees must be able to satisfactorily complete a background check, pre-employment drug screening (as permitted by law), and baseline physical (safety sensitive roles). They must also have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
Antea®Group focuses on safety in all aspects of our operations, in the field, the office, and while traveling. The successful candidate must likewise consider safety as paramount and demonstrate a commitment to safety in all aspects of the job.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment - Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include the following:
- Sedentary to light work (typical office or administrative work)
- Frequently required to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time
- Occasional lifting and carrying of low (under 25lbs) to moderate (25-49lbs) weight objects
- Repetitive motions: substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (including reaching)
- Subject to inside environmental conditions (protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change)
- Operation of a motor vehicle
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The annual salary range for this position is $80,000 - $100,000. Compensation will vary depending on the applicant’s job-related knowledge and skills, education, and work experience. Antea Group offers its full-time and part-time employees excellent benefits, including health, dental, and vision plans; life insurance; disability benefits; paid time off; 401(k); and a leading-edge wellness program.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Antea Group is an EEO/AA employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and any other protected status.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
NO VISA SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIMEFull-time
- ID: #49500948
- State: Washington Redmond 98052 Redmond USA
- City: Redmond
- Salary: $80,000 - $100,000 a year - Full-time
- Showed: 2023-03-19
- Deadline: 2023-04-29
- Category: Science/biotech