Hydraulic Mechanic/MachinistLocated in Port Angeles, WAPay Rate: $17-$19/hourOverviewPrimary jobs duties include diagnosing, machining, welding and repair work for large and small equipment. Hydraulic repairs on motors, pumps, cylinders and other hydraulic equipment and machines.Responsibilities
- Previous working experience as a Machinist
- Hands on experience with different manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
- Hands on experience in welding metal and other material
- In depth knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Safely and efficiently use shop tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of hydraulics is a plus.
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Read and use tape measure.
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping.
- Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations during course of duties.
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues.
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects.
- Keep detailed written records on work done.
- Independently perform basic maintenance on equipment.
- Comply with equipment, engine or other machine manuals, technical data and work instructions for all machining operation.
- Motivated self-starter
- Teachable and able to listen to and follow directions
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, verbally and in writing with customers and fellow employees.
- Work with minimal direction when necessary.
- Work with the public.
- Great opportunity for someone who wants to live and work in a smaller community
- Excellent opportunity to continue learning and building on mechanic and welding skills
- Fulltime Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- One week paid vacation after one year of full time service
- Six (6) paid holidays per year
#portangelesPandoLogic.Category: Engineering, Keywords: Hydraulic Technician
- Machining: 1 year (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Tooling: 1 year (Preferred)
- ID: #44467050
- City: Portangeles
- Job type: Permanent
- Showed: 2022-07-29
- Deadline: 2022-09-24
- Category: Et cetera