Senior Internal Auditor, Food Manufacturing, Tri-Cities, WA
This position leads the developing of internal audit function across all our related entities. Must be a self-starter, result oriented and capable of working independently. Responsibilities include creating and implementing audit, risk, and compliance programs across the organization. This person will have broad exposure to the operations of the Company, interacting with leaders across finance, legal, HR, and operations and with our external auditor. This individual must possess the skills to understand business processes, assess the control environment, implement process improvements, and champion best practices. The position will be responsible for implementing the process documentation and testing along with communicating findings and recommendations to local and corporate management. Research, communication and collaboration skills will be instrumental to the success of this role.
- Lead on the development and implementation of principles, programs and tools for the audit areas within Accounting and Compliance.
- Gain understanding of finance and compliance related processes, perform risk-based audit testing, and prepare audit work-papers and reports.
- Execute special investigations and process improvements on ad-hoc basis.
- Draft high quality audit findings tailored to specific needs of the entity in a timely manner.
- Discuss and present draft findings to both local and corporate management.
- Perform requested follow-up procedures as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in general accounting or finance related field.
- 2 years of auditing experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles (US GAAP, Controlling, and/or Corporate Finance matters).
- Ability to think analytically and grasp complex structures; conceptual skills, applying critical thinking.
- High degree of integrity, high initiative, and professional judgment.
- Skillful in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and ability to learn new software.
- Good communication skills with strong reasoning;
- High flexibility and willingness to travel up 40%, primarily within Washington, Oregon & Idaho.
- CPA and/or CIA or equivalent professional credential is a plus.