ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 700 employees who provide personalized, patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
Responsible for performing various administrative, secretarial and clerical duties. Assists with organizing and maintaining policies, procedures and regulatory standards. Assists in maintaining EMR. Is an independent worker, meeting the day-to-day needs of the Homecare/Hospice Department. Disseminates communication to multiple departments. Maintains office supplies. Willing to perform aides’ duties of personal care and palliative care, which might be given to convalescent, chronically ill, disabled, or terminally ill persons in their homes. Attempts in every possible way, in working with individuals and families, to assist them to assume responsibilities toward self-care. Helps the well family members to carry their share of the responsibilities and encourages the disabled member or terminally ill member to participate in the life of the family, in so far as able.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Greets visitors, directs visitors appropriately; maintains the communication flow of the office.
- Prepares reports, memos, correspondence, meeting minutes, special projects, etc., for the Homecare/Hospice Manager.
- Reviews, edits, and proofreads all written materials.
- Answers the telephone in a professional manner; screens calls, takes messages, directs calls appropriately.
- May be called upon to type in final version, general correspondence, policies/procedures, and other types of memoranda, to a wide array of audience. Must be familiar with generally accepted formats for preparation of correspondence, have a good working knowledge of grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation to insure all correspondence is of a high quality.
- Assists in training of other staff or volunteer to the Reception desk to insure appropriate back up coverage for absences.
- Maintains supplies in the copy/work room, including copy and fax machines.
- Sorts, logs and distributes all incoming mail; identifies mail that needs immediate attention.
- Prepares financial reports; department activities, travel, business expenses, etc.
- Maintains an organized, efficient filing system.
- Orders supplies regularly. Assists in cost containment through appropriate ordering and conserving of supplies and equipment.
- Interacts professionally with all visitors, within the department/office and with other departments.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and organized during stressful situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data for annual departmental budgets.
- Able to pull together data from different sources for special projects; prepares reports.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Communicates and supports the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the team building goals and change initiatives of Nursing Administration and Chief Financial Officer.
- Ability to flex hours for special projects.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- Provides clerical assistance as needed to department managers.
Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), required.
In accordance with Sheridan Memorial Hospital’s (SMH) duty to maintain a safe work environment for staff, patients and visitors, and to ensure the facility remains in compliance with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services(CMS) Conditions of Participation, COVID-19 vaccinations or an approved medical or religious exemption is required in accordance with established CMS requirements.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals / specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
- ID: #49500899
- State: Wyoming Sheridan 82801 Sheridan USA
- City: Sheridan
- Salary: USD TBD TBD
- Job type: Full-time
- Showed: 2023-03-19
- Deadline: 2023-05-14
- Category: Admin/office