Provides customer service and processes orders for material or merchandise received by mail, telephone, internet or personally from customer or company employee.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process customer orders/changes/returns by EDI and/or manual order entry according to established policies and procedures
- Edit orders received for price and product information
- Inform customer of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer
- Prepare order form (hard copy or electronic) to determine total cost for customer
- Record or send for filing copy of orders received according to expected delivery date
- Ascertain credit rating of customer
- Route order to departments for filling
- Compute price, discount, sales representative's commission and shipping charges
- Check inventory control and notify stock control departments of orders that would deplete stock
- Initiate purchase requisitions
- Recommend type of packing or labeling needed on order
- Receive and check customer complaints
- Confer with production, sales, shipping, warehouse or common carrier personnel to expedite or track missing or delayed shipments
- Aid customers in locating merchandise
- Answer questions from and provide information to customer and representatives about merchandise for sale
- Fill out contract forms
- Determine charges for service requested
- Collect deposits
- Prepare change of address records
- Issue discontinuance orders
- Partner with the Sales Team to meet and exceed customer's service expectations
- Solicit sale of new or additional services
- Create miscellaneous sales reports as requested on product items and/or for a specific customer.
- Maintain and update Factory Sales Representatives by territory's and accounts
- Attend sales shows and conventions as requested
- Back-up on switchboard as requested
- Back-up on Web sales and returns
- Assist in Vendor Trade Agreements as requested
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree (A.A.) from two-year college or university; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience and knowledge of firearms required
- Experience in customer service and firearms-related occupations preferred
- Communication proficiency
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees
- Good communication and phone skills
- Customer/Client focus
- Problem solving and analysis
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of United States measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to create and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Time management
- Teamwork orientation
- Proficient in computer programs such as Excel
- Technical capacity
ACCOUNTABILITIES and MEASURES
Meet objective goals assigned by the Director of People and Culture during performance coaching.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
- Working expectations: ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee will be subject to prolonged standing. The employee must be able to manipulate and assemble small parts. Or This is largely a sedentary role, however while performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: Office/clerical- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 42 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a clerical office setting, routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, this position will be exposed to the manufacturing/factory environment and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
- ID: #49500975
- State: Wyoming Sheridan 82801 Sheridan USA
- City: Sheridan
- Salary: USD TBD TBD
- Job type: Full-time
- Showed: 2023-03-19
- Deadline: 2023-03-07
- Category: Customer service