Reports to the Career Technical Training Manager. Responsible for providing technical skills training and education to students in the assigned program, leading to student certifications, licensures, and/or other credentials required by DOL and API. Accountable for student evaluations, equipment, and supplies. Must work in compliance with government and management directives.
- Plan and conduct training in designated areas instruction; develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials; administer and correct tests, skills checks, and other applications of technical skills proficiency; maintain progress, attendance, and other reports as required.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, education and training, personal concerns, and study habits.
- Coordinate with academic and CPP instructors, residential advisors, counselors, and other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Control use of equipment and supplies, make minor repairs as required, and recommend purchases.
- Assist and support Center staff with development and maintenance of linkages in the community to ensure training related work-based learning and placement opportunities are consistently available to students.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students; prepare related reports.
- Participate in student career management and evaluation processes as required. Complete student evaluations, enter case notes and employer certifications earned, and update student progress in CIS.
- Work closely with other staff to ensure students are scheduled into transition readiness classes and for transition panels in accordance with established timelines and requirements.
- Assist students in developing and implementing job search plans; work with staff to identify potential jobs, schools, military, or other training program placement opportunities for separating students.
- Conduct follow-up with separated students in accordance with established timelines and requirements.
- Maintain student TARs in accordance with established policies and procedures; develop and maintain CTT progress reports, administer, and correct tests, and maintain accurate attendance reports as required.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area and classroom that is conducive to student learning and skill development and models industry practices and high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff, and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities; develop and conduct enrichment programs as needed or assigned.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps Zero Tolerance Policy and Center Behavior Management System.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, consistently monitoring student behavior and conduct, and mentoring students where necessary.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices; attend all required staff training.
- Coordinate with other staff and departments regarding issues related to the provision of student services and to interdepartmental and center programs, activities, and events.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to learn and work.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- ID: #49500983
- State: Wyoming Riverton 82501 Riverton USA
- City: Riverton
- Salary: USD TBD TBD
- Job type: Full-time
- Showed: 2023-03-19
- Deadline: 2022-10-09
- Category: Education/teaching