EMIT Technologies is a world-class metal manufacturing organization that is constantly growing and reinvesting to stretch their own definition of what’s possible. The use of fully automated state-of-the-art manufacturing tools and Industry 4.0 technology in the creation of a Smart Factory has prepared EMIT for continued cutting-edge innovation and growth.
EMIT works directly with customers to build strong relationships as the foundation of their solutions. The outcome is unparalleled results for customers across a diverse set of industries. With in-house engineering, product development, fabrication, application training, and customer service; EMIT is the single-source solutions provider for today, and the future. They are an unbalanced force in manufacturing, committed to driving change, action and progress.
Headquartered in Sheridan, Wyoming, with a facility in Greeley, CO, EMIT employees continue to grow the company at a rapid pace, setting benchmarks for creativity and productivity. At EMIT, they dream big and start small. They never give up and never give in. They win or they learn, and most importantly, EMIT prides themselves in always delivering at a high level for their customers. Put simply, EMIT Gets. Stuff. Done.
EMIT’s Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department, including but not limited to: administering pay, benefits and leave and enforcing company policies and practices, safety compliance maintenance, 401(k) administration, training and development program and performance management. The HR Manager is responsible for the administration of the HRIS system and all benefits programs, plays a critical role in recruiting and labor management and maintains compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Leads all new hire onboarding orientation
- Ensures the accuracy of all new hires and employee maintenance
- Ensures the accuracy of benefits enrollment and life changes
- Maintains learning and development programs and initiatives
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts
- Manages the annual 401(k) audit
- Leads the benefits open enrollment process
- Maintains compliance in safety programs and OSHA reporting
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in HR or related field, but experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for the education
- Two years’ experience in HR and/or benefits administration
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field of study
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), HRCI Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or HRCI Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification credential
- Experience with Kronos, PlanSource and Empower HR and Benefits Systems