About the Role:
First Bank of Wyoming is seeking an OUTGOING, TALENTED, and ENTHUSIASTIC individual, to join our Teller Team! This position is the “frontline” of the bank and plays an essential role in attaining, customer satisfaction in the day-to-day process. Following through with customer issues that may arise and referring customers to other departments when appropriate is vital to the teller position. In addition, you will ensure compliance with regulations and audit standards as they relate to job responsibilities while adhering to and exemplifying our Core Values: Embrace Responsibility, Execute with Excellence, Pursue Growth & Learning, Thrive Together. The assigned work hours may vary and may include weekends.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Actively engage in greeting all customers, learning their names, develop customer relationships, customer loyalty and satisfaction by actively listening and assisting customers with their financial requests.
Provides extraordinary customer service according to the Quality Service Standards and My Service Pledge
(S - Smile, E – Eye Contact, R – Refer to Customers by Name, V – Viable Options – Never Say No, I – Instant Acknowledgment, C – Customers Always Come First, E – End with Thank You)
- Develop and retain customer relationships by actively listening and assisting customers with their requests.
- Conduct customer’s financial transactions within time limits and established guidelines (deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, loan payments, cashier’s checks, etc.).
- Introduce new products and services (credit cards, debit cards, online banking, etc.) when applicable.
- Balances accurately and maintains cash limits of his/her drawer daily, safeguarding assigned cash/currency by adhering to all company policies and procedures regarding cash handling, cash variations, opening/closing procedures, and dual-control processing. Accountable for all cash/currency handled.
- Manage risk in every transaction and detect fraudulent transactions to prevent loss for First Bank and its customers from counterfeit currency and fraudulent activity by staying current on fraud warnings and initiating discussion with customers regarding specific transaction as defined by procedure.
- Process overages/shortages according to Cash Variation Policy.
- Proactive in creating, maintaining, and promoting a clean, neat, pleasant work environment always aware of the customer’s view (keeping confidential information confidential).
- Responsible for keeping all information related to our customers private and confidential.
- Keeps a professional appearance in accordance with the dress code.
- Maintains a positive attitude and displays courteous and respectful behavior towards customers and co-workers.
- Regular and predictable attendance in order to accomplish, among other things, in-person contact with customers.
- Must complete assigned online training courses and achieve a passing score by the due date.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Asset Control.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Six months prior cash handling experience required
- Prior Banking experience preferred
- Prior Customer service preferred
Knowledge, Skill, Ability (Other Skills):
- Great Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Comfortable making dozens of transactions daily
- Comfortable communicating with various customers
- Basic computer literacy
- Must have ability to prioritize and organize heavy workload(s) and demonstrate effective time management skill(s).
- Must have the ability to work in a professional manner and consistently demonstrate courtesy, customer service, and tact in a fast-paced/deadlines-oriented environment.
A significant level of trust, credibility and diplomacy is required. Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving and obtaining information, as well as advising or referring, which commonly require shorter discussions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to: climb (
Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion), balance
(Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium), stoop
(Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles), Kneel (Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees), crouch (Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine), push (Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward), pull (Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion).
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Light work. The employee is constantly required to stand and walk. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
Must be able to routinely perform work both indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level and outside in sometimes inclement weather.
Must be capable of occasional travel (less than 10 days per year) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities.
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
What We Offer:
Compensation & Benefits: Starting salary is dependent upon relevant experience and may vary based on the geographic location of the position. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a health savings account option, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a health rewards program, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, discounts on banking products and services, and paid sick, holiday, and vacation time. Visit our website for more details!
Company Overview: We are a family of banks whose unique local presence reflects the communities we serve. We welcome the opportunity to grow and change as our customers and communities do the same. Read our story, learn about our banks, and experience life at Glacier Bancorp, Inc. all from our website. Check it out!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.
- ID: #49500888
- State: Wyoming Cody 82414 Cody USA
- City: Cody
- Salary: USD TBD TBD
- Job type: Full-time
- Showed: 2023-03-19
- Deadline: 2023-04-29
- Category: Accounting/finance