Purchasing, Food Manufacturing, Portland, OR (Area)
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Locates food product vendors to interview and determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Regularly tracks, monitors, and evaluates contract compliance and vendor performance.
- Seeks new vendors and alternative materials for sale and distribution.
- Coordinates plant and vendor purchasing activities.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts to evaluate conformance to company policy.
- Introduces new materials and products to sales personnel.
- Resolves vendor or contractor grievances.
- Provides overall leadership for private label process, analysis, planning and project execution for new products.
- Supervises private label staff.
- Requires 3 years purchasing experience in the Food Industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in logistics or a related field is preferred.
- APICS Certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Software Systems.
- Basic PC skills are required.
- Office Environment.
- Travel up to 10% of the time.
Must be willing to work on-site.
Relocation assistance for the right person.Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.